When winter hits, we all could use a little extra sunshine. Why not make a batch of bright, sunny lemon curd as a sweet treat? This lemon curd recipe includes a twist of lemony flavor and all the benefits of full-spectrum hemp extract with a variety of phytocannabinoids thanks to the addition of lemon flavored CBD Oil in Lemon Twist. Using our CBD oil in food is a great way to supplement your meals, but always be mindful of careful, precise dosing to ensure responsible consumption. Always take care to keep infused foods away from children and pets.
This recipe uses ingredients you probably already have in the kitchen, like eggs, lemons, sugar, and butter. The curd comes together in under 15 minutes in a double boiler, which heats the eggs gently to prevent them from cooking, leaving the curd lumpy. Using a double boiler leaves you with a silky smooth finish, so it’s key to a great lemon curd. Don’t have a double boiler? No problem! Just use a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water (make sure the water isn’t touching the bottom of the bowl). Lemon curd will stay fresh for up to 10 days in the fridge.
A versatile dessert spread, lemon curd can be used as a tangy filling for baked goods ranging from pastries and pies to cakes and cookies. It’s also a perfect topping for meringues and pavlovas, adding a tart burst of flavor to the marshmallow-y meringue. It’s even delicious simply spread on a slice of toast.
Want to experiment with other curd flavors? You can use any of your favorite citrus fruits, passionfruit, or cranberries, just to name a few.
Lemon Curd CBD Recipe
Yield: 6 – ¼ cup servings
Total CBD per recipe: 360 mg
CBD per ¼ cup serving: 60 mg (1 serving of 60mg Tincture)
¾ cup lemon juice
¾ cup granulated sugar
8 tablespoons of unsalted butter, cubed
6 mL Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil – Lemon Twist
Zest of 1 lemon
Pinch of kosher salt
- Fill a saucepan with 1 inch of water and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- In a heatproof bowl, add lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, eggs and salt.
- Place a heatproof bowl over the boiling water in the sauce pan and whisk constantly until the mixture thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Remove bowl from heat and immediately whisk in cubed butter, one tablespoon at a time, while the curd is still warm.
- Once the butter is fully incorporated, whisk in Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil – Lemon Twist.
- Pour curd into a jar, leaving the lid off. Use a piece of plastic wrap to cover the exposed curd to prevent a skin from forming while the curd cools.
- Once room temperature, remove plastic wrap and cover jar with lid and refrigerate if not using immediately. Lemon curd lasts in the fridge for up to 10 days.
LEAVE A REPLY