Medically reviewed by Dr. Jen Palmer, ND – Naturopathic Doctor,
Director of Education for Charlotte’s Web™
These days, CBD is everywhere you look. Benefits of CBD abound – it can help us to stay calm, recover quickly after hitting the gym, and even ease some of the day-to-day stresses of life.
When you start shopping for CBD, you will realize that there are several different types of products. It can be easy to get quickly overwhelmed. CBD products vary greatly, both in quality and in how they are used. In order to find the best CBD product for you and your lifestyle, you need to have a basic understanding of what’s out there and how to use CBD to maximize its benefits.
Let’s go over some of the main types of CBD products you will find, and how you can use them to get the benefits you want:
How To Use CBD Tinctures
Tinctures, sometimes called oils, are a common way to take CBD. Tinctures are a blend of hemp extract oil and a carrier oil. The carrier oil simply makes the hemp extract easier and more palatable to consume. To take a tincture, you usually use the bottle’s included dropper to drop the oil directly into your mouth.
A great benefit of tinctures is that it is easy to control exactly how much CBD you consume. For people who are new to CBD products, it is best to start with a low amount, and build from there.
If you’re wondering how to use CBD oil, you can start by taking just a quarter of a dropper, once a day at the same time, for three days. Observe how you feel, and, if needed, continue by increasing the amount by one-quarter of a dropper every three days, until you achieve your desired results. CBD doesn’t always start working immediately, so don’t worry if it takes a little while to find your amount and feel the effects.
How To Use CBD Capsules
CBD capsules are another popular type of CBD product. They have the same oil that is in CBD tinctures, but you can take them in precise amounts. Capsules are a great portable option that are well-suited for anyone who wants to know exactly how much CBD they are taking, as well as people who are traveling.
How To Use CBD Gummies
CBD gummies are another great option for those looking for convenience, whether its for travel or staying home. Gummies commonly include nutraceuticals. A nutraceutical is a natural product that offers its own set of health benefits, which can aid the CBD in providing the desired effects.
Charlotte’s Web CBD gummies come in three blends. Each contains nutraceuticals to help the blend do its job. Check them out below:
- Calm Gummies: Our Calm blend contains CBD, L-theanine, and lemon balm. These help you stay relaxed, but not sleepy.*
- Recovery Gummies: Our Recovery gummies include ginger and turmeric alongside CBD. This combination helps you to recover from exercise-induced inflammation.*
- Sleep Gummies: Our Sleep blend pairs CBD with melatonin to help you get a better, more sound sleep.*
How To Use CBD Topicals
Topicals are commonly the first experience that people have with CBD. A lot of people want to start with topical balms and creams, before trying to take CBD orally. Topicals are great to target a specific area of the body that needs attention.
Eventually, you may want to try combining CBD topicals with ingested products. This combination can help you get the optimal benefits from CBD.
How to Find the Best CBD Products
Not all CBD products are created equal. No matter what type of product you choose, look for these three things, which help to ensure you are getting the best CBD for your needs:
- U.S. Hemp Authority Seal: The U.S. Hemp Authority is an organization that crafted a certification program to ensure that all products with their seal meet stringent standards and pass a third-party audit.
- Serving Size: The amount of CBD in each serving should be clearly listed on the product label. The serving size helps you to know how much CBD you are taking and makes it easy to switch between different products.
- Tailored to Your Needs: Make sure you pick a product that suits your lifestyle and needs. Charlotte’s Web makes a variety of products to ensure that everyone can find the perfect option for them.
With the information in this article, you can begin to craft a perfect daily CBD routine to meet your goals and optimize your health. Thanks for reading, and keep an eye out for the next articles and videos in this series!